Vivid Renews $1M Sex Tape Offer to Carrie Prejean

Nov 11, 2009 12:15 PM PST
LOS ANGELES — With dethroned Miss California USA Carrie Prejean back in the news to talk about her book — and sex tape — Vivid Entertainment has renewed its offer of $1 million for Prejean to star in one of its upcoming movies.

"We originally made the offer in May when Carrie was making headlines during the controversy over her statements during the Miss USA Pageant,” Vivid co-chairman Steven Hirsch said. “She didn't get back to us at the time. Now that it's been revealed that she has actually made her own sex tape we know her reluctance certainly wasn't based on any fear of performing sexually for the camera. She's a beautiful woman with plenty of talent and we still believe that a video featuring her would be a best seller."

Early last week it was reported that Prejean, a runner-up for Miss USA, abruptly ended her contentious legal battle with pageant officials after it was revealed by a pageant lawyer that the politically conservative blonde had made a sex tape for a former boyfriend.

"In my book, I talk about how young women all the time are [making sex tapes] and nothing is private any more — nothing is private,” Prejean said on “The View” today. “And you know when you're young and you think: I'll never be famous, I'll never be a celebrity — think you will."

Prejean also revealed today that she was involved with JC’s Girls, a Christian ministry that reaches out to “save” women from the adult entertainment industry.

“So you spend a lot of time helping these women come out of what’s called the adult entertainment industry,” HumanEvents.com editor Jed Babbin asked Prejean. “Right,” Prejean said. “And not judging them, but letting them know that they are loved, and helping them get back on their feet.”

More Adult Industry News »
About / Contact