9 of 10 Mobile Users in India Are Men, Study Says
LONDON — The majority of mobile users in India are a prime audience — they are 24 years and below and they are almost likely to be male — according to a new study by the Mobile Marketing Association and Vserv.mobi.
Some of the key findings in the Mobile Internet Consumer India 2013 report include:
- 60 percent of the mobile Internet users in India are below 24 years;
- Nine out of 10 mobile Internet users in India are men;
- About half of mobile Internet users in India have advanced degrees;
- About 70 percent of India's mobile user base belongs to the affluent earning class and have higher disposable income; and,
- Indian consumers have taken a liking to mobile ads that provide downloadable content (59 percent), followed by those that help them learn about a brand (41 percent).
The Mobile Internet Consumer India 2013 report indicates mobile users here are content- and information-hungry, often turning to mobile advertising to fulfill these needs.
The report designed for media planners and brand advertisers also is intended to help app developers, content providers, OEMs and telecom service providers understand the evolving mobile consumer.