Lylith LaVey Settles With BangBros Over Mr. Marcus Shoot
LOS ANGELES — Adult performer Lylith LaVey has settled a lawsuit against BangBros after she was said to have been exposed to syphilis while shooting a video with Mr. Marcus.
Lavey, who hasn't contracted syphilis, sued BangBros in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming the studio should have known that Mr. Marcus had the communicable disease prior to the June 24, 2012 shoot.
According to the Daily News, Lavey’s attorneys filed court papers March 13 with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Teresa Beaudet stating that the case was resolved.
Terms of the apparent settlement were not revealed.
Lavey said in the suit that she not only suffered emotional distress, but castigation from others in her industry as a result of the shoot.
“Plaintiff completed the scene with Mr. Marcus and subsequently found out that [Mr. Marcus] had syphilis,” the suit said.
Lavey separately filed a lawsuit against Mr. Marcus and won a $129,000 default judgment from the veteran actor last year.
Her suit against Marcus alleged fraud, negligence, battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress.
At the time, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Amy Hogue, noting that Mr. Marcus “abandoned his defense of this case,” said that the porn actress "feels that her reputation in the adult film world has been diminished as a result of filming with [him]."
The Los Angeles' adult film industry expressed sharp emotions, particularly ones of betrayal, over the syphilis outbreak of 2013 that put livelihoods on pause during a performance stoppage.
At the epicenter of the outbreak was Mr. Marcus, who had admitted he had performed in three sex scenes after doctoring his STI test to conceal that he had contracted syphilis.
Marcus eventually was sentenced to 30 days in county jail in June 2013 for knowingly exposing other co-stars to syphilis.