Exxxotica Gives City of Dallas Ultimatum: Drop Ban or Face Suit

Feb 23, 2016 4:00 PM PST

DALLAS — Exxxotica’s organizers and their attorney are giving the City of Dallas one last chance to overturn its approved resolution that banned the adult entertainment expo from its city-owned convention center.

In an ultimatum made today by Exxxotica and attorney Roger Albright, the expo plans to sue Dallas if it doesn’t begins the process of overturning the ban.

Exxxotica publicly made available a 28-page complaint that its prepared to file if City Council keeps the ban in place. Albright, meanwhile, made available his ultimatum letter.

The mayor and City Council members 86’d the porn expo from future events at the municipal facility last week.

“As of today, our complaint is complete and we have given our attorney, Roger Albright, permission to file at will,” Exxxotica said in a statement. “It is important to recognize that once this lawsuit is filed, it is impossible to put the genie back in the bottle.

“It will likely cost the City of Dallas and its taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not more, in legal fees and damages. This is on top of the already-filed potential class-action lawsuit in federal district court in Texas.

“But there is another option. An option that makes this all go away,” Exxotica said. “We have directed our attorney to pass the finalized complaint to the city in hopes they will review our claim, recognize their mistake, and reconsider their ban.”

View Document
More Adult Industry News »
About / Contact