Lovehoney's Desire Vibrator Named Best Sex Toy by Good Housekeeping

May 25, 2016 11:02 AM PST

LONDON — Lovehoney has come up on top in Good Housekeeping magazine’s latest survey to find the world’s best sex toy.

The Desire Clitoral Vibrator was voted best out of 27 vibrators from various makers that were tried and tested by a panel of 270 women for the Good Housekeeping “Tried & Tested” sex toys survey. It got an overall score of 74 out of 100 and was a hit with nine out of the 10 women who tried it.

“It has a great range of speeds and pulses and is surprisingly quiet for the intense sensations achieved,” the magazine said.

The Good Housekeeping survey also found that 46 percent of women were more likely to have an orgasm with their vibrator, while 44 percent found it easier to have an orgasm and 24 percent said they were more sexually satisfied after using a vibrator. Almost one in five (18 percent) had more sex than before while using vibrators and 13 percent said their use made them more confident in asking for what they want in bed.

Just over half those surveyed (52 percent) owned a vibrator and the other half (48 percent) had considered it. Only 9 percent said vibrators were still a taboo subject — 81 percent were happy to openly talk about them with their partner and friends.

Good Housekeeping said: “There’s a revolution taking place in the bedroom. While sex toys used to be something to be whispered about, the majority of women now use them openly.”

Lovehoney co-owner Neal Slateford said it was amazing to come out on top in the Good Housekeeping’s survey.

“No one tests products like Good Housekeeping women; you know if their readers like a product, it really works,” Slateford said. “Their fantastic Tried and Tested vibrator survey, now in its third year, sends out a great message to society as a whole that sex toys are great way of achieving sexual happiness.”

The Good Housekeeping findings were discussed on the ITV show “This Morning” with sex and relationship expert Tracey Cox, who has her own ranges of products with Lovehoney.

Cox revealed on “This Morning” that the sex toy industry was worth $15 billion globally and the huge success of “Fifty Shades of Grey” had made experimenting with toys much more mainstream.

She said: "You are considered odd if you don't have a vibrator these days."

Good Housekeeping deputy editor Michelle Hather said: “Vibrators are less taboo and more accessible than ever. The internet is definitely driving an increase in sex toy use as people are able to order everything from condoms to vibrators from the privacy of their own homes.”

“There are many different options available to choose from which is why the Good Housekeeping Institute has been testing them to find the best on the market so women can make an informed choice.”

Pictured: The Desire Clitoral Vibrator is available from Lovehoney for £44.99.

More Adult Industry News »
About / Contact