Amber Rayne Died of Cocaine Overdose, Coroner Says
LOS ANGELES — Adult star Amber Rayne died of an accidental cocaine overdose, the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office reported Friday.
Rayne had collapsed in the living room of her home in the 10000 block of Wealth Avenue in the San Fernando Valley neighborhood of Sun Valley this past April. A friend was with her at the home when she collapsed, according to an earlier report.
“Cocaine intoxication” was the sole cause of death for the 31-year-old performer, according to a medical examiner.
Rayne, whose birth name was Meghan Wren, was nominated for an XBIZ Award in 2016 for Best Supporting Actress for her part in “Wanted,” in which she came out of retirement to film it for the film’s director, Stormy Daniels.
Born in Detroit, Rayne shot about 500 adult productions for numerous studios. She worked as an extra in Hollywood films and TV shows prior to her porn career, which began in 2005.
Rayne also worked in the adult film biz as a director, a producer and an editor.